Bhalswa landfill waste-to-energy plant to be commissioned by December 2016

The North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) is expected to commission the Bhalswa landfill waste-to-energy (WtE) plant and methane extractor plant by December 2017. At present, NDMC is conducting trial run of the plants. The WtE plant will have a capacity to process over 1,200 tonnes per day of waste. Of the waste processed, 94 per cent will be converted into compost and fuel, and the remaining 6 per cent will be utilised for bricks construction. The Union Government had released Rs 460 million under the Swachh Bharat Mission for the project’s implementation.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address